Thursday, August 10, 2017

The Space Between

After our rendezvous we headed straight from Springhill Camp to IKEA down in Canton that Sunday. We rolled out of our van with sand still in our shoes and the smell of sunscreen into the big, giant world of merchandise. We were off to buy new bookshelves for my classroom! The kids were seriously such troopers. A weekend of adventure with no sleep, to a long drive, to a huge store....Troopers, I tell ya. Good thing we got our mini van because we were able to fill it to the brim on top of our vaca luggage with 5 new bookshelves! And off we were to finally arrive home. 

This week was a transitional week as I finished my last day as a Kensington employee and began really setting up my classroom as a third grade teacher. I was able to get my exact same job back that I taught in for 11 years! Same school and everything. I am one lucky chic. So we arrived home from our TC/Springhill/IKEA trip Sunday around 10ish and we had 8 days to regroup, work my last week,  Ben back to work, set up my classroom, have our besties with us for the weekend, attend a birthday party and throw Elle's 5th bday party! We have had so much fun...Why stop now??

The pic above and below Luke asked me to take and text it to all of my friends. I thought I would just share on the blog instead. :) This kiddo has had no tubes in his ears for almost a year! He had them put in at 8 mos old and ever since then his little body did not know swimming without earplugs and a headband to keep the plugs secure. Well folks, almost 7 years later, no more ear infections and say goodbye to the era of earplugs/headband! He got the all clear to swim around completely free. :) 
After our last days at Kid Care and late nights at my school we were off that Friday for some fun with our Kensington family! The kiddos below are the group of kids that attend Kid Care with us and all of their mamas worked with me there. You should be able to count 11 kiddos...Brecks was just 8 days old in this pic!
11 kiddos and 4 mamas. Love them all so much and the kids LOVE being together!
One last check on my classroom...My bookworms love reading the books from my reading center. 
Pics below are a sign of progress, slow progress, but it's coming together! The 2 pics on the top are the way I got the room from my new teaching partner, Nicole. The 2 pics on the bottom are the start of my new room.
  

 


Brian and Molly came with their 3 boys for the weekend and we were all so busy none of us even took one pic!!! So, I had to put a little shout out to them. Muah!

Sunday, Ben and Drew stayed back with the Ulrich family and I took the 2 kiddos over to the Shores for Lilah's 5th birthday party!! Our sweet Lilah turned 5 and we love her too pieces!! 
Girlfriends are just the best. Even at 5!

The next day we celebrated OUR beautiful princess!! Pics of Elle's 5th birthday partayyyy on the next blog post!






No comments:

Post a Comment