Sunday, May 14, 2023

A Surprise Trip for ME!

 

Ben and our kids surprised me on a surprise trip! We were driving on 69 and I thought ok, maybe Kalamazoo? Then we merged onto 96 and I thought Grand Rapids to see some good buddies? But then when we drove past all their exits and I saw the sign and I knew it!! We were headed to Holland for their tulip festival!! I have always told Ben that I wanted to go to Holland and to see the tulips was the cherry on top!
1st up was late night swimming in the hotel pool! Even a run out to Meijer at midnight to get snacks to eat by the fire. So fun!


Getting ready for bed...I'm in bed and I see Luke brushing Ellie's hair in the mirror and he is telling her all about Hart Middle School. My heart. These two can go at it with the best of them but these moments I keep in my pocket for a long time.

Happy Mother's Day!! 
Happy Mother's Day to all us moms out there! We lead wholeheartedly and parent with a brave face leaning into hard moments and conversations. Momming might just be the most vulnerable thing we do! A loving shout out to my mom and Ben's mom!! We love you so much!
Next up, a family game of basketball. Of course!
Then, off to the Tulip fest at Veldeer's Tulip Farm!
In ONE sign there are two spelling errors. Oy vey.

The gardens were colorful and magnificent! Even our kiddos were stunned by their beauty.



We found tulips called Uncle Toms!









Inside Veldeer's gift shop they make the wooden clog shoes!
And you can buy them in your size. :)
Luke has earned some cash with his lawns and gifted me the most beautiful necklace. He was so excited to be able to buy and gift it to me. (I'm pretty sure he saw it on you tube) You can put your phone up to it and it magnifies you a message.
 I am so blessed. Time is so precious and our babies grow up quickly. (They are buying me gifts with their own money?!) BUT they will always, always be my babies. AND now I know how my mom feels too. It is an absolute gift to be called Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment