Sunday, January 10, 2021

Happy Thanksgiving! This year we are for sure counting our blessings!


Our 1st snowfall of the year! It must mean one thing...We are at the start of the Holiday season and this year we are SO ready for some cheer and celebration!
Ellie's bus she designed for her virtual science experiment.
Just a couple of bros...
This is our remote learning setup for the winter. It has changed as we have had to adapt but this is the current successful setup. :) Ben is basically a ROCKSTAR and is home everyday with these three while working his own fulltime job. LOVE HIM.



We were so excited to go up to TC to celebrate Thanksgiving with Mom and Dad. Mom and Dad had both gotten a negative COVID test and then self-quarantined. Our family was able to also self-quarantine because of our family being at home and Oxford moving to remote learning the week before Thanksgiving as well. This was a real gift!! We all felt so safe to be together, no masks on, enjoy each other and just have fun!
Elle brought her informational All About Elephant book that she published in Writer's Workshop. She was so proud of herself! We are pretty proud of her too. :)
Snacks and puzzles...
This was my Dove chocolate. I agree!! This Thanksgiving season I am so grateful for my friendships with friends and family. They make my life meaningful and special.
Lots of watching football...
AND playing "pigskin" like the boys call it.


Love you, Mom. Mom made our Thanksgiving dinner so scrumptious and she taught me a few of her tricks.

We wanted to get out and go for a hike so we spent an afternoon hiking on the Vasa Trail. We grew up going on the Vasa Trail because it butts up behind my Aunt Debbie's house. We would play on the trails and sometimes even go cross-country skiing.


We also had a special mission. My Uncle Steve LOVED the Vasa Trail. After he passed, a bench was gifted to the trail dedicated to Uncle Steve. Mom has wanted to go to his bench for awhile and leave a photo of her brother that she had found. Today was the day!  

We have no problem with relaxing in this family...




HAPPY THANKSGIVING 2020!!! We have so much to be thankful for this year. I am thankful for our health. I am thankful that we are happy. Our kids are happy and that is such a gift during this pandemic. I am thankful that we have a warm, loving home. I am thankful that we don't have to worry. I am thankful that Ben and I have been able to easily adapt. I am thankful for our jobs. I could go on and on. Most of all, I am so thankful for our friends, family, and Jesus, who we know loves us no matter what.
Ben was thankful for: I am thankful my family is healthy and that we could be in TC for the 1st time for Thanksgiving.
Luke was thankful for: Going up to see Papa and Grandma and being alive.
Elle was thankful for: Being able to go up north, having some snow, Grandma's great feast, and being safe from COVID!
Drew was thankful for: Being together with Papa and Grandma.


Out of all the special moments from our Thanksgiving, this might have been my favorite. Our last night there we spent the night transforming Mom and Dad's house to Christmas!! The kids loved putting up my Grandpa and Grandma's old Christmas tree. Luke hung every single light up with Papa's help. We listened and sang Christmas carols. Grandma helped Drew make an ornament. Watch out Christmas 2020...We are ready for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment